radicalvibes

♡ Books lust ♡

Girl. 15. Blogger. I just get lost in books, y'know?

Books are my only solace and comfort

I love reading Ya and contemporary novels. I also fall in love with fictional characters too much ;)

Well I hope you enjoy my blog ♡

SPOILER ALERT!

Review : Indigo

Indigo - Gina Linko

Okay , I had some problems with this book hence the 1 star . Mostly, this problem revolves around our main character Corrine. Just a warning , this review is going to contain spoilers.

First off , I'll give you some background information about her .

1. She has a sister who died because of some electric currents that surged from Corrine's fingertips a.k.a her indigo abilty. She believed she had killed her with her power. - Majority of the book is centered around her grief and her thoughts . And it pretty much get irritating . Okay, I know this is what the book is about but it just fell flat y'know? I just can't relate to her.

2. In the middle of the book , Rennick made her realise that this power can heal people or animals . It took like forever for her to accept that because of her grief and guilt for her dead sister. Honestly , it was really a struggle reading her POV.

But, before that she refused to touch people because she think she might kill them . And she stopped doing things that make her happy as a sort of punishment for "killing" her sister .

I

n the book, its revealed that lightning killed her sister, its not her. Somehow, her messed up brain forgot this information and she only remembered this during her near death experience (ugh) . So apparently, she's been living a lie. And she's whining about her pain and all for no reason at all. Somehow this had been made obvious in the middle part of the book. Predictable

(show spoiler)

. She met this guy Rennick who can see aura and who is much more expert in Corrine's power because her mom had the same ability. I actually like his character because I really feel he care about Corrine and I just like how real his character in the book (:

There are definitelt swoony moments bur Corrine kinda ruin it all for me.

A

nyway, Rennick told Corrine his deepest secrets and when he confessed his love for her , she ran away because she's scared she might kill him. God, Rennick had already proven to her that her power can bring healing yet she ran away.

And Rennick said she's so brave um what ?

Yes, she did heal people but mostly it  is to make up for the loss of her sister.

There are countless times where she is so stubborn and impulsive . She did not even listen to Rennick warnings , she only listened to herself. I mean Rennick know more about this than you. Urgh

I TELL YOU THIS IS A REAL STRUGGLE FOR ME TO FINISH.

The ending is a disappointment. The only thing I like about this book is Rennick and Mia Joy, Corinne's bestfriend who finally got her to move on from her guilt.

I like what she said :

" Nobody's normal. Nobody's perfect. Not you, not me. And none of us has it all worked out. We don't get to perfect and then that's it, ya know? It's about waking up each day and trying. Making better decisions. "