radicalvibes

♡ Books lust ♡

Girl. 15. Blogger. I just get lost in books, y'know?

Books are my only solace and comfort

I love reading Ya and contemporary novels. I also fall in love with fictional characters too much ;)

Well I hope you enjoy my blog ♡

This Lullaby

This Lullaby - Sarah Dessen First of all, I want to say this book is wonderfully written. No doubt about it=)
Secondly, this book really made me ache inside (seriously, i felt like crying when Remy and Dexter broke up) and question everything I know about love... who would have known that Remy's mother was still reliving all those happy moments in her past screwed up marriages rather all the painful moments... she said( modifications applied) " u know it's juz like pie chart we talked about... love carries most of it whereas the pain the sadness divorces makes up smaller slivers.. tiny pieces."
Remy has always been a cynic about love ever since, she had watched her mother's marriages fall apart with her own eyes.. but it changed when she met Dexter... they matched, was perfect for each other I tell u , that was wy I bawled my eyes out wen they broke up... luckily Ms. Dessen got them back together.. luckily or else I might have hate this book..

The problem with Remy actually is that she had doubted love because of her mother's past relationship... she was afraid to break her heart... that was why everytime a boy got close to her, she broke things off...
Lisa, one of her friends said to her that is quite unforgettable actually, it was about Remy's belief in love.. she told her tht maybe Remy had believed in love deep down... this was her words(no modifications) " Maybe, you just misplaced it, you know? It's been there. But you just haven't been looking in the right spot. Because lost mean forever, it's gone. But misplaced... that means it's still around, somewhere. Just not where you thought." Beautiful words that makes me utter a WOW!!!
To sum up Dexter , he's somewhat a clumsy, skinny guy that is a lead Singer in a band called Truth Squad and he's the only guy Remy had come close believing in love... he was also funny and loved challenges , silly challenges now that I think of it... but, that guy is thoughtful and sweeet:) he had a pet dog called monkey juz to add on...
And, Remy had overlooked all this flaws and even frikkin bought him utensils set.... tht girl never ever bought smth for her past bf=> tht means she cared..
she also showed him how to do laundry( are guys like tht... have no freaking sense to do household chores.. God!) and even cared when their house had blackout.. sweet of her:)

Sorry if it's long, but this is what I thought of this book... If u haven't read this book, I urged you to go and buy yourself a copy where you'll never regret to buy it:)